.:ADVENT GUILD:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with build

+2
Crosis
Katana
6 posters

Go down

Help with build Empty Help with build

Post by Katana Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:59 am

I've been playing for a few months now and started adding points to energy and stam to participate in raids. My raw Energy/Stam are 96/121 and with bonuses are 133/147. This allows me to log in twice daily to use it up. Then I increased my Atk to improve dmg and win PvP (mainly do colloseum). My raw Atk/Def is 277/1 and with equipment/bonuses is 433/148.

I'm now level 119 and level up 2-3 times a day. I've chosen Warlord.
My best legion is 4 Virtues: Bess, Angus, Syriss, Gizzo + Sargaash, Teucer, Spellator, World Mender

I'm finding that I'm not doing as much damage in raids as others even though I concentrate all my Stam/Honor on one monster until it is dead. My 20 Stam hits do ~60k.
Also my questing is slow. I'm doing 2nd last area in Ryndor (normal level).

How can I improve my character? I like to be able to do more damage in raids to get the better loot in the larger raids. I'm not sure if at this stage I should be increasing more Atk or increase Stam.
Also is there much point in increasing Energy? I should unlock Vornstag and its gear sometime this month. Does speeding thru the harder levels of quests give better loot drops?

Katana

Back to top Go down

Help with build Empty Re: Help with build

Post by Crosis Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 am

If you want to increase your damage you can go one of two routes. one is to shift to a full blown stamina build for a few hundred levels which will increase your damage in the long run. That or you do a hybrid build in which you do 3 points energy/2 points stamina. This allows you to level up much faster in the long run while still increasing your stamina pool. After you gain a significant stamina or energy/stamina pool then you can focus on attack.

The reason i say to focus on stamina or an energy stamina hybrid is attack only adds roughly 7.5-10 damage per point of stamina. at that rate +100 points into attack only gives you approximately +15k damage on a 20 stamina attack. Now lets say you have 100 stamina to keep the math simple. so if you add +100 attack you are going to deal a total of +75k extra damage with that 100 stamina. However, if you add 100 points into stamina you now have 50 stamina. using 50 stamina with your old value of 60kish per 20 stamina you would deal 120k damage with 10 stamina left over. thats dam near double and if you blow those 10 stamina it would probably get you close to double the damage.

This reason is why its important to have a decent base attack pool. Unarmored i am 154 attack yet with all my equip on i end up with 421 attack.

Now i am going to do a comparison between the two of us as if we both had just leveled up and have full bars. the math is approximations. so at my damage range i also do 60kish per 20 attack. however, i have 236 stamina. so when i level i will deal roughly 708k damage barring crits with 16 stamina left over. You on other hand will only deal 300k damage. Also since i have such a large stamina pool i will level much faster then you which means that over the length of the fight i will deal millions more. So if u wish to increase raid damagei HIGHLY recommend switching to stamina or stamina/energy build. However, it will hamstring you come pvp time. So you gotta weigh your options based on what you want to do.

I personally level up and go 3 energy/2 stamina. The reason i do energy is its a VERY consistant source of xp. Most quests are in the range of 1.4 to 1.7 xp/energy this is usually higher then you will ever get in a raid setting baring quicken mind procs. also if you ever want to see that legendary shield before may u will need an energy pool thats closer to 600-800. So with the energy/stamina hybrid build you level faster at the cost of a little damage now. In the long run energy/stamina build will always trump a pure stamina level up build. If you look at the people level 500+ most went either pure energy for a few hundred levels then went stamina or went stamina/energy. at some point u stop and unload on attack.

So again weigh your options and what you want to do, but this is easily the quickest way to get your damage up.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Katana Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 am

Excellent suggestions there Mitch. In regards to energy - apart from the larger XP return and the chance of forming the legendary shield, is there any other benefits from questing? Are there good loot that drops from quests?
It appears that most of the loot items are related to raids and colloseum which expend Stam.
If I spend 3 points in energy to level up faster so that I can put points in other areas later, wouldn't I be better off putting points in those areas now?
Or is the key to energy builds the crafting drops that can be converted into more SPs? Do the orange parts drop frequently enough?

Katana

Back to top Go down

Post by Arius Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Katana wrote:I've been playing for a few months now and started adding points to energy and stam to participate in raids. My raw Energy/Stam are 96/121 and with bonuses are 133/147. This allows me to log in twice daily to use it up. Then I increased my Atk to improve dmg and win PvP (mainly do colloseum). My raw Atk/Def is 277/1 and with equipment/bonuses is 433/148.

I'm now level 119 and level up 2-3 times a day. I've chosen Warlord.
My best legion is 4 Virtues: Bess, Angus, Syriss, Gizzo + Sargaash, Teucer, Spellator, World Mender

I'm finding that I'm not doing as much damage in raids as others even though I concentrate all my Stam/Honor on one monster until it is dead. My 20 Stam hits do ~60k.
Also my questing is slow. I'm doing 2nd last area in Ryndor (normal level).

How can I improve my character? I like to be able to do more damage in raids to get the better loot in the larger raids. I'm not sure if at this stage I should be increasing more Atk or increase Stam.
Also is there much point in increasing Energy? I should unlock Vornstag and its gear sometime this month. Does speeding thru the harder levels of quests give better loot drops?

We almost have the same build. Personally i focused on Att/Stam first, then moved on to Energy/Stam. Although I level up only 1-2 times a day, my damage on raids have become pretty decent. My main problem now is Energy though Shocked
Arius
Arius
Admin
Admin

Male Leo Buffalo
Birthday : 1985-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Yeah there are additional benefits that in the long run make it worthwhile. When you get a large energy pool and you can start to farm the nightmare quest zones. this ensures a decent amount of orange drops per day. you can usually get the oranges to get you 6-8 stat points a day at least. some days are more some a little less. the net effect is over a period of a few weeks you get a load more stat points then other people. also certain generals only drop on nightmare. IMO its well worth it, but i am not pvp focused for the near future.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wania Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Got Some build as arius but lately im adding points to even defens to check AP that i get Razz 2ndly i was forced to add some points to health cause Mini Bosses were kicking my ass... Now im Adding 2stam/1att/1ene.

Wania
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Wania wrote:Got Some build as arius but lately im adding points to even defens to check AP that i get Razz 2ndly i was forced to add some points to health cause Mini Bosses were kicking my ass... Now im Adding 2stam/1att/1ene.

yeah i found myself having to get some hp as well for the quest bosses. especially in vornstagg. granted high attack can offset that need but it doesn't hurt. i think i took about 20-25 points from collection turn ins and dumped it into hp. i would imagine that will get higher as nightmare comes around.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arius Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am

i've increased my defense by 54 points early in the game, i have to increase that yet again. as for health, i only use equips that add to that and i get 100+ additional health, just for the quest.
Arius
Arius
Admin
Admin

Male Leo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:38 am

what hp equips do u use?

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arius Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:53 pm

misako's ring (+60), merman's net (+35), and the sparkles of the newblood (+35). that's +130 health, then use generals that increases def and hp (calla, galatea, etc.).
Arius
Arius
Admin
Admin

Male Leo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 am

i will keep the net and newblood in mind. i just finished the legendary kyddin's signet and it gives +100 health. was quite a shock.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arius Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 am

wow that's nice, i have yet to find those maps, haha
Arius
Arius
Admin
Admin

Male Leo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 am

the post for raid loot is part of the reason i am doing it. trying to help narrow down damage ranges for loot so others know what to aim for. all maps but the 5th i got within the first few tries at 2 mill. that 5th map was bs.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arius Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:42 am

i'll start working on the signet now, it took me long to get everdeen and DS2
Arius
Arius
Admin
Admin

Male Leo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 am

Arius wrote:i'll start working on the signet now, it took me long to get everdeen and DS2

not sure how you spread your damage, but unless its tyranthius i wouldn't dump more then 3 mill into a single guy. spread the love around. i know you hit hard it shouldn't be difficult.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by regath Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm

guys i have some experience on raids.

some examples.

a celeano.. like what we have up now. 1.3mil hits = oranges items drop
mazulu.. 500k

gladiators, again about the 1mil mark,

if you guys want to level up AND grow your stamina and energy but also your attack then you need to knock out those small raids fast and often.

craft craft craft. you get 2 points to grow for every time plus the exp.

Very Happy

regath

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosis Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 pm

the crafting part is very solid advice. for non guild raids do you know the orange drop rate on anything besides mazalu? the cheapskate ap part of me really doesn't want to dump 500k in to that particular boss lol.

Crosis
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotowar Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 am

my build is quite different from yours, but i'll share with you what i'm working with just for comparison's sake.

with no equipment or generals, i have the following stats
501 attack
30 defense
95 energy
301 stamina
217 honor

with my raid equipment/ legion stuffs, i have the following
714 attack
187 defense
130 energy
335 stam
217 honor

the reason i boosted attack so much right from the get go is that now I have a high ass base stat, and as my gear gets better i will increase my damage a lot more. i also enjoy PvP quite a bit, so high attack makes sense for me. now that i've hit the green attack achievement, i'm thinking i will start pumping energy so i can complete the quest realm achievements quicker, as well as the energy achievement.

i have not yet seen a good enough reason to add to defense, though my opinion may change now that conquest is released. also, i would rather max out 1 achievement at a time than go for green level on all of them. i am still working on the orange jousting achievement, and hope to have it within a month and a half if i keep at it. I need just under 20,000 wins, and with me leveling once a day I will have roughly 400-500 wins a day, assuming i don't lose any (so far i've only lost <60 out of 5k+ battles). at that rate, it will take me between 40 and 50 days to complete, but once i get it i never have to joust again, unless there is a red achievement out there as well (i've heard it mentioned but the highest i've ever seen is orange).

i will also keep pushing on the duel/ skirmish wins, though doing so greatly hinders my leveling speed. I may end up having to pump purely energy to compensate for that, but as of right now I am able to sustain myself doing everything. I have not unlocked all the quest realms yet, and don't plan to for quite some time. As I said, I would rather max out what I've already started than get them all half way. I'm almost to gray on burden's rest achievement, and I think I will continue doing that until I absolutely can't stand it anymore. Same goes for Mazalu, Hograk, Ataxes, and all the guild raids minus scuttlegore (i'll probably end up saving that one for the absolute last).

Cotowar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum